Assorted Poems

Monday, August 07, 2006


" We Have Need of You, Lord "

I have need of you, Lord, this day;
Please hear my heart as I pray.
Listen to what my words cannot say;
I have need of you, Lord, this day.

We have need of you, Lord, this day;
Please hear what our hearts pray.
Listen to what our words cannot say;
We have need of you, Lord, this day.

Please hear the prayers of the heart ~
As we lift our needs to you, O Lord;
Your blessings and mercies do impart;
It's by you graces enough are poured.

We have need of you, Lord, this day.
Thank you for hearing, and listening,
Blessing and granting this day's needs.
Thank the Holy Spirit who leads
us to receive
the necessary grace
to come to you
in prayerful petition,
thanksgiving and praise.

Amen.


© Mel Patterson, 8-7-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home