Assorted Poems

Saturday, April 29, 2006

" THIS BRAND NEW DAY "

Drowning in my problems
As if in a raging sea
A vision of Jesus appears
Holding out his hands to me.

As he reaches down and I reach up
He lifts me steadily out of the water
Grasping my arms tightly
I hear Him say, ~ "I've caught her."

I wonder to whom is he speaking
As he leads me safely ashore'
I know I want to be with Him
Now and forevermore.

Are these angels and saints that I see?
Could it be the place of happy repose?
Is this what Heaven looks like?
Or am I dreaming do you suppose?

I soak in the scents of colorful flowers;
I hear the sound of sweet birds singing.
The sounds and scents come and go,
Then I hear a distant bell ringing.

Between slumber and wakefulness
I hear the Lord to me relay,
"My child, I'll always come to you
Whenever you kneel to pray,
Now arise, and begin
This brand new day."


© Mel Patterson, 4-29-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home