Assorted Poems

Sunday, April 02, 2006

" He brings me Coffee "

He brings me coffee instead of flowers
Almost everyday without fail;
Upon my heart his love he showers
He causes my spirit to sail.

For him I am grateful every day,
As I thank our God above
For sending my husband my way,
And for blessing me with his love.

I may not get flowers often,
I may not get blooms in my hand;
From the outset my heart he did SO soften
Our married life is anything but bland.

He is my life partner, sage and wise;
He picks me up when I am down,
Makes me laugh, at least he tries
And quite often he's a delightful clown.

He brings me coffee instead of posies
His beautiful spirit blesses me.
Everyday to Wawa he moseys,
Coming back home to me - with coffee,
back home to me with coffee.


© Mel Patterson, 4-2-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home